Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to where the colour lives! It's brighter here.





I've been beavering away on my current illustration job for what seems like many moons now (...it is actually about two and a half months). I remember the first day I was given the brief whereupon emotions and events proceeded in this manner:
Excitement! Terror. Research. Bad drawing. Horror. A cup of tea. More drawing. Doubt. Better Drawing. Relief. A glass of wine. Storyboards. Characters. Dummy books. Exhaustion.
Exhaustion was yesterday, which brings me to the present moment. I am on the precipice of starting the colour images. This is brilliant- it is what I live for. It may be my holy grail.

As I await the 'go ahead' from the client, I thought I'd give my marker pens a stroll around the page (and check I remember how to use them....). A selection of my much-loved art materials and of course; a cup of tea :)

8 comments:

  1. Such a lively sketch - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors! And I really like your tools too ^^ It seems like you know Japanese as well, at least I could tell what you're writing and all. I can't read Japanese, my wife could, but I could tell it's Japanese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate ... to all of it! I'm sipping my tea and eying my Microns even now. lol nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't a nice sketch page like yours just what Danny is talking about. Everyday matters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have had time to indulge in your first love. A lovely and bright result. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your love shines through on this sketch. Very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page! And yeah for you! I'm so glad you're getting over the hump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors!! I am so glad I landed at your blog.. Very lively drawings!

    ReplyDelete