Monday, July 11, 2011

Attending Doodlers Anonymous.

So I was working on my website, y'know, going through that wretched mis-named, non-indexed, badly filed encyclopedia of images on my computer and trying to coax them into more-organised chaos. I was super-duper bored. Oh man, so bored. So in a bid to re-engage the saner side of my brain, I embarked on a fun weekend project. Doodlers Anonymous has a calendar design competition happening, so I jumped on it.

My design is all about the lovely things of Summer, and since I try to practice what I preach, I also made time for a BBQ, a 10K run, a Jazz Concert at the winery and a trip to the movies (thank you very much). I lost all notion of jpegs, pdfs and html pretty soon after the first glass of wine.
Kinda got into some mono-printing too. And lettering. And pizza-making. And cookie-baking. My messy weekend playtime...

10 comments:

  1. This is my kind of calendar!!!!! Excellent! See you at the ice cream place. Er, next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I want to catch a fish, from a canoe, with you. Then can let him go, and go get an ice cream. 'Cause it tastes better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool stuff, as always. good luck with the comp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, very happy looking calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the style, and the salmon is beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy, love the calendar page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page gets my vote, for sure! I love the drawings and colors. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection for August!

    ReplyDelete