Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back-tracking and catching up!

February tiptoed past, silently blogless. The past month has been a whirlwind. Remind me, which way is up?

January ended with good news and bad news and good news again (good wins every time!). Firstly, my Greencard arrived (hip-hooray for being an almost permanent fixture over here). Secondly we discovered that almost immediately after our impending arrival at our new duty station, Forrest would be unceremoniously stolen from our happy home to be deployed to Afghanistan (sucker punch, meet my stomach). Thirdly, gloriously and tipping the balance in favor of smiles, Forrest graduated flight school- and I got the chance to pin his wings (stab myself in the thumb), and blink back a bucket-load of proud tears.

January turned into February where my hours, days, weeks and moons were all consumed with packing. Celebrating our youth and exercising our ignorance, we decided to move ourselves. Who needs movers for the 10 hour trip from Enterprise, AL to Clarksville, TN? Even if it IS below freezing and there is snow and we have a million things, a dog, a turtle and we haven’t slept much lately? Not us! Fist pumps, back-slaps and…..yawn, stoopid.

Fast-forward a month. Slam on the breaks and here you will find me at our new home in Tennessee. There is much more to show and tell. Soon, I will get around to doing it!




9 comments:

  1. Wow, even with all those adventures (I like looking at them as that, or they would have brought me down years ago)... I can relate to the glory of military life and all the moving and changing address from time to time... And also did the "stoopid" thing of moving our own stuff, (with one move we had three gold fish, a few tropical house plants and two toots in diapers, yeah we were a great sight)... You think we learned, but no did it again a few years later (dughh)... Well I have to say, you have a great sense of humoour and that makes all the difference. A huge congratulations to your man for his wings, for your green card and for surviving the move, hurray!!!

    Great illustration, love the colours and I just have to ask, what markers/pens do you use?

    Again, congratulations and Im looking forward seeing what you will draw next : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your husband on the Wings! And to both of you on the move. Your poison drawing is anything but tentative - I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too long! Glad to see you posting again, and love your style as always =) I am so glad some things never change

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your green card, Forrest his wings, and you are in your new home.

    I hope Forrest stays safe during his deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everybody, boy is it good to be back!
    Mari-I know how quickly we forget about the stress of moving, I can see us doing EXACTLY the same thing again in a few years time...
    And the pens I use are mainly Letraset Promarkers, then Microm fineline pens for the detail. Simples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back again, I have been missing your blog posts! Congratulations to you and your husband for his flight school graduation! Wishing you and him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even like whiskey, but this drawing makes me want to raise a glass to you and yours ;) Look forward to hearing more when you have drawn breath.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow have I ever missed seeing your work! Congratulations to you for getting your greencard, your husband for getting his wings, and to both of you for surviving the move. But most importantly, I'll pray for his safe return from Afghanistan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Raena...I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete